All Auspicious Wedding/Marriage Dates in 2018 - 2019: The complete guide to finding the perfect date for your wedding
Confusion! Commotion! Indecision! Which day to pick? Which to avoid? Is it auspicious? These thoughts & emotions trouble the mind of every wedding host who has yet to find auspicious wedding/marriage dates in 2018 and 2019.
At GetYourVenue, we try to help our customers by making the wedding planning process as easy as possible; which is why we’ve created this post. It contains every auspicious wedding date from August 2018 to July 2019. Now, no more searching on the web or calling your elders for some guidance. All you need is to bookmark this page!
Even better, you can download the calendar for your convenience!
Key points to remember while looking for auspicious wedding/marriage dates in 2018-2019
- A Shubh Muhurat is not a date or a day. It’s a time on a day that is considered highly auspicious for a Hindu wedding.
- The below-mentioned dates might not be considered auspicious by some, as different subcultures and subcastes follow different customs and practices, and have diverse opinions.
- The general practice followed while deciding on a date is to consult a pandit (Hindu priest) with few date choices as well as the Janam Kundalis (birth charts) of the bride and groom. The pandit then provides the families of the couple with few Muhurats out of which, one is selected.
- Individuals or families who’re either looking for ‘perfectly safe’ dates can go for Abhuj Sava dates – certain days in the calendar, that are considered so auspicious that one need not consult a pandit.
- Wedding dates that coincide with public holidays or weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) provide ample convenience to guests; which is why these dates are sought after highly, not just by the Hindu community, but everyone. Wedding venues in Delhi as well as vendors remain fully-booked for these dates, that too in advance.
- The days between 15th December and 30th December are highly favored for NRI weddings or weddings with many foreign guests.
- Below-mentioned auspicious dates are provisional and may vary depending on the Hindu calendar.
Days considered inauspicious
Considered unlucky, unfavorable, or detrimental, the following days are avoided by the Hindu community.
1. Shraadh - 24th Sep to 08th Oct ‘18
2. Tara Asta - 23rd Oct to 30th Oct ’18
3. Chaaturmas - 23rd Jul to 19th Nov ’19
4. Kharmaas or Malmaas - 14th Dec ’18 to 13th Jan ‘19
5. Surya Grahan and Chandra Grahan days
All Auspicious wedding/marriage dates of 2018 - 2019Below is a month-wise list of auspicious marriage dates in 2018 – 2019. These have been sorted into basic (auspicious), Shubh Muhurat (high demand) and highly auspicious (Abhuj Sava).
Marriage Dates in August 2018
Basic Dates – 12th, 18th and 28th
Marriage Dates in September 2018
Basic Dates – 22nd
Marriage Dates in October 2018
Basic Dates – 1st, 12th, 20th and 21st Shubh Muhurat Dates – 10th
Marriage Dates in November 2018
Basic Dates – 14th, 15th and 24th Rush Dates – 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 25th, 28th and 29th Highly Auspicious Dates – 19th
Marriage Dates in December 2018
Basic Dates – 1st, 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 28th and 29th Rush Dates – 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th to 15th
Marriage Dates in January 2019
Basic Dates – 26th, 29th and 30th Rush Dates – 14th, 17th, 18th, 23rd and 25th
Marriage Dates in February 2019
Basic Dates – 8th, 9th, 14th, 23rd and 26th Rush Dates – 1st, 15th, 21st, 24th and 28th Highly Auspicious Dates – 10th
Marriage Dates in March 2019
Basic Dates – 2nd, 9th and 14th Rush Dates – 3rd, 7th, 10th and 13th Highly Auspicious Dates – 8th
Marriage Dates in April 2019
Basic Dates – 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd and 25th Rush Dates – 14th, 17th, 24th and 26th
Marriage Dates in May 2019
Basic Dates – 2nd, 12th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th and 28th Rush Dates – 6th, 8th, 10th, 15th, 23rd, 29th and 30th Highly Auspicious Dates – 7th
Marriage Dates in June 2019
Basic Dates – 8th, 10th, 13th, 15th, to 18th, 25th and 26th Rush Dates – 9th, 12th, 14th and 19th
Marriage Dates in July 2019
Basic Dates – 6th and 7th Rush Dates – 8th, 11th, 14th and 15th Highly Auspicious Dates – 12th